2020 Hyperprism Chamber Winds Summit
June 14-16, 2020
Hyperprism Music, LLC is excited to announce our first ever call for scores! As an organization dedicated to expanding the repertoire for wind instruments, our first project will be for works for flute, clarinet, and bassoon. Our goal is to produce a complete album of original works for duos and trios written by a diverse group of contemporary composers and present this album to the greater music community through a variety of national and international venues. Five to eight composers will be named summit fellows and will be selected by a jury of professional musicians.
Benefits to Selected Composers
- Studio-quality, edited and mastered recording made by established professional performers
- HD multi-camera video of performances distributed through YouTube and provided as high resolution files
- Distribution of recordings through all major sources such as iTunes, Spotify, Google, and Amazon.
- Presentation of some or all compositions at major organization conferences such as the International Clarinet Association and the College Music Society.
- Live performance of the selected works at a venue in Colorado during the summit dates. Composers are encouraged to attend and will be provided with a PDF copy of the program for royalty reporting.
- Offer of publication through Hyperprism Music Press (ASCAP). Composers earn 50% of all sales and retain all performance royalties.
- Hyperprism Music will exhibit selected works at multiple major woodwind conferences (such as the International Clarinet Fest, the International Double Reeds Society Conference, and the International Flute Festival) and will sell copies of both the recordings and any works published by Hyperprism Music Press (or self-published works through arrangement).
Costs and Requirements for Submissions
- Application Fee - $5 (please use the PayPal link below), all application proceeds are used directly to compensate performers and score evaluation jury. Members of Hyperprism Music, LLC will receive no compensation from application fees.
- Production fee for selected composers ONLY - $250: This fee will cover production and distribution costs of the recordings, registration and travel expenses to the 2020 International Clarinet Fest, and travel/associated expenses for performers. Members of Hyperprism Music, LLC will receive no compensation from production fees.
- Composers of any age, nationality, gender, or ethnicity are welcomed to apply. Special consideration is given to residents of the Rocky Mountain Region.
- All submitted compositions must be for one of the following instrumentations either with or without electronic accompaniment:
- Flute, Clarinet, and Bassoon Trios
- Flute and Clarinet duos
- Clarinet and Bassoon duos
- Flute and Bassoon duos
- Clarinet and Bassoon duos
- Piccolo and/or alto flute doublings are acceptable; works involving bass clarinet or contrabassoon will not be considered
- All works must be less than ten minutes in duration
- Composers must provide score and parts (if necessary) free of charge to Hyperprism Music
- Works involving electronics must be for two-channel stereo and may be either for fixed media or with live electronic effects
- The following software applications are available: Max/MSP, Ableton Live, Super Collider, and Logic Pro X. Works requiring other software will not be considered.
- Recordings and scores must be submitted as mp3 and PDF files respectively using the form below.